Saturday, December 17, 2005

Reflections of Time

Another page completed for my grandmother's book. This book is going to be for her to reflect back on the memories of her life years ago. You would not believe how many black & white photos of hers that I have copied. Like this cute picture of my father when he was a baby.

I just love old photos. Not sure what it is about them that I like so much. Maybe their style of clothes, the looks on their faces, the seriousness captured in the pictures. Whatever it is I love it. Kind of makes you wonder what our kids will think of photos of us as they get older. Will they say "I just love looking at old photos!" Or will it be "Gosh, look at this, you look like such a geek." Just looking back at photos from when I was a child myself, or a teenager I imagine that they will pick the second statement instead.

It took me a long time to realize the importance of taking pictures. Probably why you won't find a whole lot of me when I was younger, but you will find an abundance of me now. So I can reflect back when I am older and see how much I have changed over the years. Of course this might not be such a good idea, this might cause someone to go into a state of depression....ME!

No comments: