Saturday, December 03, 2005

A Christmas Journal

One of the few blogs that I read regularly is written by a designer for Creating Keepsakes magazine, Ali Edwards. She has a great blog, great stories and great ideas. I just bought one of her books (A Designer's Eye for Scrapbooking) yesterday at the scrapbook store. I was just sitting here this morning looking through it as I am waking up and trying to prepare myself for my busy day ahead.

The kids are all asleep so the house is still quiet. PEACE, ya gotta love it when you can get it.

Anyways, back to Ali....I was reading her blog and she recommended a online class for a Christmas journal. I have decided to take it. I actually started on December 1st, but I am going to try to play catch up. I signed up last night, and I am hoping to at least get one page finished today. Then hopefully the others tomorrow. I will try to display them on my blog as I get them finished.

There is a possibility that I may be flying to Florida with the kids for Christmas if we can get some plane tickets. My grandmother is 85 years old, and I get the feeling that she doesn't think she will be around for another one. She really wants us to come, so we are trying to make it. Last Christmas I gave my mother and grandmother a journal to write down their memories in. Unfortunately they have not gotten much, if any accomplished. I realize that not everyone is as good at preserving these memories as I am so some folks need a bit of help. So this year if I make it to Florida, I have decided to video record them as I ask them specific questions. Kind of like a documentary. Does anyone have any good suggestions of what I should ask? Let me say that this is my only living grandparent left. So after this everything will remain a mystery.

No comments: