Friday, December 02, 2005

The Ghost of Christmas Past

I was thinking last night about some of my past Christmas experiences from when I was a child. I was taken back to a Christmas when I was about twelve years old. If I recall correctly I did my Christmas wish list out of a Sears catalog. One of the items on my list was a Charlie McCarthy ventriloquist doll.



I must have been a good little girl that year, because I did get my Christmas wish. I never did get very good with the doll, but I do remember that my sister was terrified of it. We shared a bedroom back then, and she didn't even want that thing in the room with us. It freaked her out so bad, she still has memories of it.

I just looked it up on ebay and they are selling a 1977 version of it for $9.99 so far. I could get one and give it to her for Christmas. Oh that would be so mean of me.

So it really wasn't the Ghost of Christmas Past, but instead the my Doll of Christmas Past that still haunts my sister. Actually if you look at him, he does kind of freak ya out. Like you are just waiting for him to turn his head and say something to you. Weird.

No comments: