Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Plans to create a scrapbook for my grandmother

I still need some help with trying to figure out how to stitch two pages together with the computer. My scrapbook pages are 12x12 so they won't fit in my scanner without splitting the pages into two parts. That is easy enough I can do that, but I can't figure out how to get them back together. My nephew did it for me a while back, but he can't remember how he did it. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I am trying to complete a scrapbook for my 85? year old grandmother. I have many old photos that I have collected from her lifetime. I was hoping to have it completed for her birthday (which has already passed), but it looks like it will have to be for Christmas. Along with that I have some cardigan sweaters that were my grandfathers before he passed. My father (who believes in getting rid of everything, preserving memories are not important to him) wanted to throw them away when he moved my grandmother down south near him. I refused to throw them away and took them home, I wear them around the house when I am cold. Some people might find that weird, I don't know, I don't. It reminds me of him, and he was a awesome grandfather. I told her once about the sweaters and she said that she would like to have one, so I am going to send it to her for Christmas along with the scrapbook with all of the pictures from her past.

I made a scrapbook one Christmas for my mother. Her mother passed when she was just twelve years old. I made the scrapbook the Christmas following the passing of her father. She loved it and I am hoping that my grandmother will love hers just as much.

My Tequila Sunrise: My Inspiration for scrapbooking

My Tequila Sunrise: Time

No comments: