Wednesday, October 26, 2005

My man Marvin


Marvin Gaye just happens to be one of my all time favorite singers. Something about his music soothes me. I remember several years ago when I was on afternoons. I would stay up into the middle of the night, and I would turn down all the lights, light a few candles around the house and listen on some Marvin Gaye tunes. I haven't done that in a long time. Usually I am in bed by 9 o'clock so I don't get that peace and quiet that I enjoyed so much. Although lately I have had some alone time in the morning while the kids are in school, but nothing compares to sitting with some lighted candles and listening to some great tunes. Huh, maybe I just need to make myself stay up a bit later, at least on the weekends.

I remember watching about his death on the news when I was a teenager. What a tragedy to be killed by your own father. Marvin died on April 1, 1984.

I have been meaning to but haven't quite gotten around to visiting the Motown Museum. This is a shame since I am close to Detroit. Maybe soon I'll break away from my hectic schedule and go (haha).

No comments: