Sunday, October 16, 2005

It is just a typical Sunday

This was me on my Sweetest Day. I was in my daughter's bedroom where we were messing around with her camera.

Today, Sunday, is a chill out around the house day. I usually do housework on this day and watch some movies. Today's choices are Civil Action with John Travolta (I pretty much enjoy most of his movies) and Courage Under Fire, with Meg Ryan and Denzel Washington. You have probably seen them already, I know I have but worth seeing again. Right now I am watching Courage Under Fire (yes I am a woman I multi-task, oh yes and I am cooking dinner). I'll get back to you when it is finished.

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

You're welcome, and you are right it is a messed up world. I don't understand it myself. When I was in Desert Storm I was in an Evacuation Hospital. Many Iraqi soldiers were brought there for injuries. I don't ever recall seeing any incident where the soldiers were treated with disrespect, even though they were the enemy. To me the hospital had the feel that it was just an ordinary hospital with ordinary patients. Maybe that was just me, my perception, so therefor what I saw. It went both ways though I don't ever recall being mistreated by them either. Actually I felt sorry for them, because I knew that many did not want to fight, that many were forced to fight (even children). I think things are different over there now. Lots of anger about the war on both sides. Terrorism, war it is a terrible thing, many innocent human beings die. Such a shame. I'm very proud of our soliders also, and their families for supporting them. When you get deployed for war or conflicts or whatever the situation may be, you get that sense of duty, pride that overwhelms you. So you know without at doubt that you have to go. It is kind of a weird feeling, because you're frightened at the same time. I guess I can only speak for myself, but I am sure that many others feel the same way.
Anyways, being there to help others is a wonderful feeling. I am also proud of the rescue efforts of Americans, and the amount of donations they send to support vitcims of disasters. Especially the volunteers that take time out of their everyday lives to go to those places of devastation to help in any way that they can, such as with Katrina. I imagine those images of what they see will last with them forever and can be very difficult. I'm rambling....bottom line....Americans are great and I'm proud to be one.

Topwomen said...

I love relaxing days watching movies!
And I too love being a woman with the gift of multitasking

Great shot BTW!