Sunday, September 25, 2005

Those damn power outages

Several days I was writing a post when a storm (which lasted about 5 minutes) managed to knock out my electricity. I can only imagine how the lives of those terrorized by Katrina and Rita feel, because I hated my little 26 hours without electricity (my problem doesn't even compare).

It is amazing how our lives nowadays depend on electricity, our computer, our hot showers, etc. I missed a day of work, kids didn't go to school. That evening when the power went out (at about 6:30 or so) I was in bed by 7:30. I was like what the heck, nothing to do, I'm bored, why not go to bed? So I did. Thank goodness I cooked dinner right when I came home from work. It was done right when the power went out. The next day though I didn't want to open the fridge so I took the kids about thirty minutes away to eat, watch a movie and do some shopping. We managed to make a day of it anyways.

That next evening my sister had us stay at her boyfriends house. We took the food over there, and cooked dinner for all of us. Watched some movies, read a little bit then went to bed. I had a horrible night trying to sleep though. I think it was just because I was over someone elses house, and I was worried that I wouldn't wake up for work Saturday morning. Plus the fact that I had a dream that someone broke into my car and stripped the inside out. Funny thing though, they just took the stuff out and left it in the street, they didn't even bother to take it. They just made things more difficult for me, I couldn't drive it without seats in it. So I laid there wondering if my boys locked the doors when they went to get some stuff out of it. I was so tired though that I didn't get up to check, I just laid there worrying about it instead. I always manage to have weird dreams like that.

Anyways, things are kind of getting back to normal around here. I have breakfast on for the kids and I am hoping that today is a relaxing day (as this is my only day off this week).

No comments: