Thursday, September 08, 2005

Back to School

Well the kids are back at school, and already life is getting interesting. My daughter (soon to be 13) has a new growth on her ear, it is my telephone. She has now reached that age when she has to talk to her friends from the time she gets out of school to the time I force her to go to bed. Lucky for me though she sits in the livingroom talking away to her friends thinking that I am in my own little world and not paying attention to her. HAHAHA, little does she know that I have a built in filter system in my brain. I flush out the mumble jumble talk and focus in on certain key words that peak my curosity. By use of my eavesdropping skills I have come to the conclusion that she is a pretty good kid, but she thinks that lots of guys are "hott."

My boys on the other hand, Jason & Joey, are identical twin boys (age 10). Getting them to do their homework is like pulling teeth, so I have to stay on them all the time. It will be better when the cold weather comes and they will stay in more. Right now with the weather being so nice all they want to do is play outside with their friends. It seems every day I am seeing them with some new friend. Oh and girls are now coming over to see them. My sister told the girls that the boys were not here, then she turned to me and asked about the girls coming over to see the boys. Of course I had to peak my head out the door and see what was up. Three cute girls walking down the sidewalk. Boy do I have trouble coming my way.

One of my sons just asked me who my daughter was talking to on the phone. I said, "her girlfriend," he said, "how do you know it isn't her boyfriend?" I replied, "because you would tell me" he said, "I know." None of my children can have a crush on someone without one of the others spilling the beans.

Lets see.....what else? Rona joined Junior High Pep Band, so they will be playing during the games. She plays the flute, this is her second year in band. She informed me that I have to attend all of the games with her. This is cool, it gives me lots of photo opportunities. Although I did break my camera today so I will need to purchase a new one soon. One thing that really impresses me about my daughter is that when she gets involved in something she sticks with it. She doesn't give up easily. I'm pretty proud of her.

No comments: