Tuesday, September 06, 2005

I hit the LOTTERY!! (or so it seems to me)

I hit the lottery the other day. Well at least it felt like it to me. I was digging through an old box of junk when I came across something very precious to me....a bunch of old negatives (when I say old I mean like fifteen years old). To me these are priceless. I am so into collecting pictures of my entire family over the years (I even have some dated back two hundred years). In my mind finding lost photos is the equivalent of pirate finding a buried treasure. These are my treasures that I intend to preserve and pass to my children and hopefully them to theirs.

I picked them up this afternoon. There were more than I had expected, which of course made me happy. Unfortunately because I was so excited when I handed them over to the photo technician I forgot to ask for them to be placed on a disc. I asked today, but their machine is temporarily broken, so she told me to try in a couple of days. Of course that is my plan, and once I have them onto a disc I will sort through them and possibly even place some here on my blog.

I also made a trip to the scrapbook store near my house. The owners took it over about a year ago. They have brought in lots of new items over the past year. They offer lots of classes, something that I might consider doing; even though I have never attended a scrapbook class in my life. I'll probably learn something new though, so it might be worth it. It might also be a chance for me to just get out and do something that I enjoy for myself with some individuals that share the same interests.

Anyways, it is about time for me to head to bed. Work comes early in the morning. Sweetdreams everyone....I'm outta here. Nite!

No comments: