Tuesday, May 06, 2008

What sucks about buying a new pair of jeans

What sucks about buying new jeans is when you think to yourself "I really like those jeans, but I know that I am going to lose weight and it only makes sense to buy them in a smaller size so that when I lose weight (which I will) I can fit into them." You don't want your "cool" jeans to be your "fat" jeans.

Well this is exactly what I did last September. I actually went to a store and bought some shirts which I ended up returning. I didn't have the receipt so I got in store credit. I decided that I would buy a pair of jeans that I thought were so cute, but I bought them a size too small. I thought this might be a good motivator for losing weight (I have to admit, my losing weight had nothing to do with those jeans, so no, they were not a good motivator. Instead they sat buried in my closet where I couldn't even see them for 7 months).

Well here I am months later and I can fit into those jeans, but guess what. Now I don't like them anymore. Now that I have them on me, they suck! A perfect example of me putting my money to good use.

No comments: