Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Just Talk

This summer I've decided it's time to get a new car. I have been trying to decide whether I should get a Charger or the Nitro. Maybe my opinion is biased but I believe that Dodge/Chrysler vehicles (and trucks) are the best looking ones on the market. (Just my opinion)

Anyway, this evening as I drove past the gas station and noticed that the prices have now reached $3.65 per gallon here in Michigan. Considering the fact that I drive about 100 miles per day just for work, I may have to reconsider my options. I was thinking maybe a mini cooper or a pedal bike.

Speaking of pedal bikes, I had a conversation the other day with a few of my friends. I have always wanted to get a bike and ride the bike trail at the Metro Park by my house. I have been waiting for someone willing to ride with me, but I've also realized that if I wait for someone else I may never get to do it. Some times you just have to get out there and do your own thing.

Well our conversation went something like this. I told Steve that I was thinking about getting a bike. I was wondering if I should get a mountain bike or a ten-speed. You have to know Steve, but he has three things that he LOVES to do, ride his bike, fish and play with wood. He proceeded to explain how he has a $4,000 PEDAL bike. That was a perfect opportunity for Chris to jump into the conversation and put his two cents in.
Chris said, "man, with that I could buy a new bike at Wal-mart for $100 for the next 40 years." You gotta love Chris and his sense of humor. They both make me laugh all day long. You wonder why I enjoy work so much.

No comments: