Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Today's Bowl of Stupid

One of my favorite quotes or question is "Did you eat a bowl of stupid for breakfast?" Well every once in a while you have someone do something that just makes you want to look at them and say exactly that.

Today was one of those days.

I just came back from the salon, where I had my eyebrows waxed. I went into the room and the woman proceeded to apply the wax. Afterwards she handed me a mirror so that I could see the results. I looked at both eyebrows, then back and forth to each of them. I said to the woman, "Doesn't one look a little longer than the other?" I was actually being nice, there was a considerable difference between the two. She shook her head in agreement and said, "Yes, one does look longer than the other." I gave her back the mirror and she applied lotion to the area. Then she turned to put away her tools and had the nerve to utter the simple word "ok" which she meant was "ok, I'm done, now you can get off the table so that I can take your money and that of every other person in here that wants to look like an idiot." What the heck was she thinking? Did she seriously think that she was finished? That I was going to get up off of that bed and walk out into the world with one short and one obviously longer eyebrow as if no one would notice? Does she have no pride in her work? Is she crazy? No, did she eat a bowl of stupid for breakfast? Yes, I think she did!!

Believe it or not I was actually polite. She did fix the problem after I insisted. I'm still amazed that I even had to tell her, especially after I pointed it out and she agreed. I told her thank you as I left, but FYI, I won't be returning.

No comments: