Friday, August 19, 2005

The Woodward Dream Cruise

Tomorrow with be the 11th annual Woodward Dream Cruise. My boys LOVE cars and every year I plan to take them to this event, but somehow never quite make it. This year we are going.

This started out as a fund raising event for children's soccer field. Eleven years later it is the world's largest one day automotive event in history. It now attracts more than 1.7 million people from all around the world. The cruise will cover a 16-mile route which goes through nine different communities.

In 1986 Charles Brady King drove the first automobile down this famed street. Several months later Henry Ford drove one of his down this same road.

I have only been to this event once, and if you are a car buff this is a must see event. I cannot say that I am a car buff; but seeing the look on my boys' faces is gonna be awesome. I can hear them now...."sweet"...this is their favorite word now when they like something. They are ten years old now, and they have been able to tell the difference between car makers since they were about five years old. I remember it use to amaze me how we would drive down the road, and tell me which company manufactured which car (hell, I work for one of the Big Three and I can't even do that).

I'm sure that I will have my camera ready for lots of snapshots. I'll try to update and maybe even include some pictures this weekend.

No comments: