Monday, January 16, 2006

Service calls NEVER go as planned

If you can't tell I'm bored today, so I feel the need to pass along little statements that my kids are making today.

The satellite guy is here, on the roof:

Boys: "Mom, Santa is here, on the roof, and I think he has a drill"

Of course they know it isn't Santa, but this is their sense of humor. They are excited today, I have deprived them satellite service for many years. To them this is Christmas morning.

Actually the appointment I made for this morning was suppose to be a surprise. I thought the kids would be in school while it was installed. Then my plan was to have them walk threw the door as I was sitting there with me feet propped up on the ottomen watching some show on the tube. Of course my plan failed when I realized that today is a holiday, so they are home with me for the day.

The technician was suppose to be here between 8-12 am. At about 11 am the company called to say that they had to switch me to another tech because of problems and that he would be here by 1 pm. At 1:30 pm, I called the company because I had to run up to my daughter's school, she had to drop off some paperwork. The woman on the phone called the tech to see what was going on. She came back to inform me that he ran into some complications at the job that he was at and that he would be here at 3:00. So I ran up to the school real quick, and 3:30 the tech finally ended up at my doorstep.

Why is it that service calls never seem to go as planned?

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

Yeah, and of course that CAN'T happen, can it?