Monday, January 01, 2007

What a wonderful New Year's Day!

Well there is a lot to say, but I'm not sure that I am in the mood for anything too detailed at the moment. First off I am still adjusting to being back here in Michigan after my trip to Florida. My hands are cold, and they don't seem to be moving at their usual speed. Everything feels like it is in S-L-O-W M-O-T-I-O-N right now. Of course the only thing that is probably slow motion right now is just me.

Let me first start off to say that this weekend didn't go so well. I spent the weekend red, itchy and covered in welts. I somehow managed to get a travelling rash from so sort of reaction to something. What I have no idea. Anyway, I wasn't sure what this was from since neither myself nor my children have ever experienced anything like this (thank goodness my children a pretty healthy). Since I had this mysterious rash travelling all over my body I didn't want to go visit my grandmother at the rehab center until I was sure that it was something that I wouldn't pass on to her or any of the other patients. To make sure six hours of my New Year's Eve were spent at the hospital. Nothing major, I got a steriod shot in the bootie, a prescription for something to help with the itching and picked up some Benadryl. Let me tell you I am soooo happy that I went because I couldn't imagine taking that plane ride this morning and itching all over.

Well enough of that, as you can see I was miserable so I didn't get much sleep last night, but I did wake up this morning and I was good as new. I had to wake up at 4 am to make the trip home. So you can imagine how upset I was when I got to the luggage area to find out that my sister didn't come and get me and noone can seem to get ahold of her. GRRRR! So as I am sitting in the airport wondering who the hell is going to pick me up (I couldn't get ahold of anyone) I considered taking a cab ride home; luckily I don't live too far away.

The next thing I know my cell phone is ringing, so I answer it. I is a friend of our family (actually one of my sister's ex-boyfriends) and he said, "hey were are you at?"

I responded, "I'm at the airport where are you?"

"I'm at the airport too."

"Wow, what are you doing at the airport?" As the words came out of my mouth I was thinking to myself what a coincidence, what are the chances that he would be at the airport and call me at the exact time that I am sitting here trying to find a ride.

"I got a text message that said you needed a ride home from the airport." Ahhh, the moment of clarity, and I thought it was an amazing coincidence.

Either way I was happy to get a ride home, and glad that it he was less than ten minutes away from me when he got the text, a text that my nephew sent him. So I managed to get a ride home, but then I had another challenge. My other nephew was house sitting for me but when I called home nobody answered the phone. So I'm thinking to myself, great I finally get a ride home and now I probably won't even be able to get in because I left the housekeys with him. GEEZ! Lucky for me though he was home, the phone was just dead from being off the charger.

Shortly after this I got into my car and it wouldn't start. The battery was dead. Luckily my sister had her car at my house and my nephew had the keys so I used her car to charge my battery.

Okay, right now I am just waiting for something good to happen. I mean with everything going wrong today, my luck has to turn around some time. I'm hoping it is soon.

I am hoping that this isn't a taste of what the New Year has in store for me. If so I'll think I'll rewind back to 2006 and try it again.

No comments: