Friday, March 30, 2007

Just life

Finally I have some time to actually sit back and relax. Even though I have not had to work the past two weeks, those two weeks still managed to be extremely hectic for me. Mostly I think it was all of the homework that I had to catch up on. I have one more week off of work and I am going to try to work ahead in some of my assignments, that way when I do get back to work hopefully I'll be ahead of the game.

I must say though that I am looking forward to getting back to work. I think having so much time off of work these past two years that I just seem to get lazy during the weeks off. I would much rather just keep working with the few weeks off here and there throughout the year. Let me also say that it has done nothing for my waistline either. Thank goodness the weather is getting nice and I'll be able to spend more time outside. Even with living in Michigan I still have never gotten use to, nor enjoyed the weather months. The only enjoyment I get out of it is watching it snow from the comforts of my window.

I did recently get an Ipod (okay, yes I am probably behind most folks that have already had theirs). I took some time out last week to install some music and pictures onto it. It is 30GB, and supposedly I can download some movies onto it, but I haven't bothered with that yet. To be honest I doubt that I ever will (who would want to sit there and watch a movie on a screen that small?).

I'm reading a book titled "When Culture and Biology Collide." The beginning of the book covers road rage. My daughter and I had a discussion about it, and she shared with me how her father expresses road rage, not the get out your car and kick some butt type, but instead the curse everyone on the road out because they aren't doing exactly what you want them to do type. She said I am different, I rarely say or do anything when I am bothered by someone on the road. The last time I did anything was probably a year or so ago. Well that was last night, so what do you think happened today? Nothing major, but I was the victim of some mild road rage. I was leaving the school (the boys had their first school dance today) and as I was trying to pull out onto the main road some young impatient boy in the car behind me decided that I wasn't moving fast enough so he started blowing his horn. After I did pull out I decided I'LL SHOW HIM and made sure I drove below the speed limit. Of course I was being an idiot for letting that kid annoy me over something so stupid, and my droving slow did absolutely nothing because he never even managed to catch up with me. All it did was take me longer to get to my destination, and all his honking did nothing for him because he poked along after that.

Okay before heading to bed let me share one more thing with you. I just walked into my bedroom and what do you think I found? My bed has been taken over by my daughter and Chili. My daughter is spread out with her feet near the pillows and her head at the foot of the bed, and when I say spread out I mean spread out, taking over the entire queen size bed. Of course she did manage to leave some room for Chili to curl up in a ball next to her. Chili seems to have two favorite spots lately, the foot of my bed or my desk chair when I am not in it. It seems that every time that I get up out of it, upon my return I almost always find her.

Well not the most exciting post (not that any of mine are), but at least I added something to this blog. It seems I keep disappearing for months at a time.

No comments: