Saturday, March 31, 2007

Boys.....YUCK!

This morning I went browsing through some different blogs. One that I came across was "Ramblings: a snapshot of my brain." I enjoyed the story of her first crush and her attempt to send this boy the "NOTE." I left a comment on her blog, and also added it to my blog below. I have always been one that loves to reflect back on my life. Who was it that said "never look back?" Why not? I love to look back, there have been some things in my life that maybe I shouldn't reflect back on, but with those I have usually walked away with a lesson learned. All the other stuff is just worth remembering. I don't remember my childhood being bad for me.

Anyway here is my comment:

My "note" went the opposite way. I was on the receiving end of it. I remember it well. I was in kindergarten, and it was given to me by a boy named Johnny. Yuck! It was one of the most humiliating moments in my life. You see, writing is not one of a child's best skills when they are in kindergarten, so this little boy felt the need to have his mother write the note for him. He brought it to school, and since reading is another skill that is not mastered by those in kindergarten he gave the note to the teacher to read for me. Talk about embarrassing! I'm quite sure that I turned the deepest shade of red.

Okay that was bad enough but it got worse. Several days later just happened to be the day for parent/teachers conferences. My mother conveniently ran into another mother while there. Yep, you guessed it, Johnny's mother. Of course she couldn't help but tell the story to my mother, who in turn came home to share it with me AGAIN!

OH needless to say, he was NEVER my "boyfriend."

I can't say if this has affected me in any way throughout my lifetime, but I know that it was enough of an impact for me those many years ago that I haven't forgotten about it, and I don't look back on it fondly. Although at least now I can laugh and shake my head when I think about it.

No comments: